Saturday, September 13, 2008

Observations from Llamas

O.k. so here is what I noticed. All of you posted and all of you, over time got the correct answer. What did vary dramatically was the depth of the post. For those of you that not only gave the answer but provided organized proof received extra credit. Very nice use of the table.

Many of you used the guess and check method. This was a valid approach to the problem. Many of you gave us no idea of what you thinking or process was, I docked those students points.

Although we have discussed expectations and they are posted on the blog, I will establish a standardized rubric of expectations for your posting which I will post on the main page of the blog and give you a paper copy for you notebooks.

Overall, for our first post I think you got a good feel for how this assignments works and attempted to meet the criteria. nice work!
Ms. L.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that my awnser is wrong but as close as I can get it. Cince both of the totals have .75 and .50 at the ends, so I tried .25, .75, and .50 at the ends of three and two. Two times three =6. 1.5 times two =3. 3+6=9 so I started to add on .25 each time to get close.



Lollipop=2.75

Chocolate bar= 1.50
T.J.